More than 2,000 undergraduate and graduate students are scheduled to celebrate their achievements during the December ceremonies.
Increased security measures at all December convocations will include enhanced security screenings and a carry-in policy, to include the use of clear bags. The new measures aim to ensure attendee safety.
Items permitted for carry-in at all convocation venues:
- Clear totes/bags up to 12” X 6” X 12” in size (anything larger is prohibited)
- Binoculars, cameras and tablets
- 6.5” X 4.5” small clutch purses
- Items related to a medical condition
- Large purses, backpacks, drawstring bags, fanny packs, diaper bags and binocular cases
- Outside food or beverages
- Flags, signs or banners
- Food containers
- Strollers or baby carriers
- Video cameras or cameras with lenses greater than 6”
- Chairbacks with frames and armrests or seat cushions
- Wrapped gifts
All carried-in items are subject to search. Prohibited items must be returned to the owner’s car or discarded. It is still illegal to carry any gun on OU campuses and clinics.
For more information on the ceremonies, visit www.ou.edu/commencement for details or call (405) 325-2756.