July 1, 2020
Faculty and staff on the OU Norman campus will begin Phase II of the university’s return to in-person operations on Monday, July 6. Phase II will lay the groundwork for a fuller return in August, which will include the arrival of our students.
Please continue reading for important information about Phase II.
OU has launched the OU Together website, designed to provide employees, students and visitors with information and resources for the Fall 2020 semester. Please consider bookmarking this website and refer to it frequently for updates. Many details about the upcoming semester are still in development, and the new site will be a dynamic hub of information.
OU COVID-19 Screening and Reporting Tool
- All employees who have been telecommuting or on administrative paid leave for COVID-19 must complete the COVID-19 Screening and Reporting Tool for assessment and clearance PRIOR to returning to campus or returning to a university-related function or obligation. The form must be completed no later than 24 hours prior to your return.
- You will be notified via email of your screening results. This email must be forwarded to your direct supervisor upon receipt.
- Even after you return to on-campus work, each time you experience one of the scenarios listed on the site, you must complete the Screening and Reporting Tool for assessment and clearance to return to campus.
- If you have questions, contact the Goddard Health Center nurse line at (405) 325-8732.
Welcome Back Kits
- All employees will receive a Welcome Back kit placed on their desk or delivered to their areas before July 6. The kits include two surgical-style fabric masks, five surgical-style disposable masks, bottles of hand sanitizer and hand/surface sanitization wipes.
- Masks are required upon entering any OU facility and must be worn in all open work spaces. They are not required in private offices when alone in your office.
- For more information on masking, see the OU masking policy.
- OU is following guidelines to keep all employees 6’ apart where possible. University Operations and IT have been working with individual departments to explore options for smaller work spaces. The majority of our cubicles are 8’x8’ and should provide plenty of space to distance employees from their co-workers.
- Equipment from Home - Individuals bringing electronic equipment to university buildings from off-campus locations should thoroughly clean the items before placing in OU work environments.
- Parking will be enforced per OU guidelines.
- Couch Center and the Weather Center (Flying Cow) will be the only facilities during Phase II that will have food available. The Weather Center is not open to anyone other than building occupants.
- The exterior doors of all buildings will open by 8 a.m. and will close at, or near, 5 p.m., Monday through Friday. There will be few exceptions to this procedure, as approved through the Norman Executive EOC.
- The Student Union will be open offering limited services.
- Mail and Print services will operate as normal.
Enhanced Cleaning through OU Clean and Green
Our custodial staff and specialized contractors are working around the clock to disinfect campus buildings, and daily cleaning protocols have been enhanced in response to COVID-19. Read more about the Clean and Green initiative at ou.edu/cleanandgreen.
Additional Resources on the Norman Campus Phase II Return