Take the monthly nighttime ghost tour to walk through haunted campus spots and learn more about unexplained OU lore and legend! Pay attention for organ music in Holmberg Hall, where a music professor is said to play in the night; listen for the Library Ghost’s footsteps on the glass-plated floors of the Decks; and keep an eye out for a little boy roller skating through the third floor of Ellison Hall, the first hospital on campus.
OU Ghost Tours are led by Mr. Jeff Provine, Freshman Programs Instructor. Mr. Provine will guide guests to selected points of OU lore and legend and other unexplained events, presenting his ongoing research into the mysterious side of the University of Oklahoma campus. This nighttime walking tour of the main campus will pique curiosity and add intrigue to existing knowledge of Oklahoma’s iconic institution of higher learning. Ghost Tours are free, but donations are accepted to fund OU scholarships for current OU students.
- Advanced registration is required, and group size limited for enjoyment and safety.
- All Ghost Tours are after dark, which will vary month to month.
- Ghost tours last approximately 75 minutes.
- Parking is free after 5pm on Fridays. Visitor lots with payment kiosks are available, and can be located here.
- The same campus lighting exists as for any after-dark game, concert or activity. If you feel the need for extra lighting at your feet while walking, feel free to bring a flashlight.
- Mobility equipment is not provided by OU and is the responsibility of individuals.
- If tour is cancelled due to inclement weather, you may be contacted about a make-up tour. Otherwise, you may register for another tour.
Available Tour Dates
- March 31 at 8 PM
- April 13 at 8 PM
- May 11 at 8 PM
- June 1 at 8:30 PM
- July 27 at 8:30 PM
- August 17 at 8 PM
- September 21 at 7:30 PM
- October 18 at 7 PM
*All times are central daylight time.