Complete these required steps prior to scheduling your New Sooner Orientation Day. These steps must be completed before you will have access to the New Sooner Orientation Day scheduling system.
What to Bring
Please dress comfortably as you will be walking to different campus locations and bring the following:
- Printed parking pass (located on the confirmation page)
- $75 Program Fee (cash or check) *ONLY FOR TRANSFER STUDENTS
- Driver's license or other government issued photo ID
- Debit or credit card for Sooner Card ($20)
- All AP/CLEP scores and a list of senior year tests taken
- All ACT/SAT scores
- Copy of any transcripts from other institutions for college/dual/concurrent credit
- Additional money (cash, check, credit card) for other items such as lunch, OU t-shirts, etc.
8:00 AM: Check in at Beaird Lounge on the second floor of the Oklahoma Memorial Union
8:15 AM: Opening Session
8:40 AM: Academic Orientation
9:00 AM - 12:30 PM:
Students will be in a small group with a student guide to complete the following:
- Individual Advisement
- Obtain Sooner Card
- MoneyCoach session
- Small group time
- Assessments (if applicable)
Parents and Families will have the opportunity to attend the following sessions:
- Parent Welcome Session
- How to Help your Student Thrive
- Money Matters
- Health Session
12:40 - 2:00 PM: Lunch on your own
2:05 PM: Living and Dining at OU
2:35 PM: Students will enroll in Fall 2019 courses with Academic Advisors
- Parents/Guardians will attend a Family Session
4:30 PM: Done for the day!
Distance Orientation Available
If you are unable to attend a New Sooner Orientation Day because of specific circumstances, please visit the Distance Orientation page to see if you are eligible.
Directions & Parking
All who park on campus, must have a parking pass. Your parking pass will be located on the confirmation page of your NSO Day registration. You will need to print this and place it on the dash of your car to avoid a parking ticket.
Your parking pass is valid in the lot located on the southeast corner of Jenkins Avenue and Brooks Street only. The main entrance to the parking lot is located off Brooks Street. Please follow the map below.
Once you park, you will check-in at the Oklahoma Memorial Union (located at 900 Asp Ave, Norman, OK 73019).