Report an Incident
Please Choose the Appropriate Incident Reporting Form
Be concise, but thorough. Be prepared to provide the following information:
Names of Persons Involved
Time of Incident
Date of Incident
Incident Report Information
- Who was involved/who did what?
- What happened?
- When did it happen?
- Where did the incident occur?
For clarity, use third person language and identify involved persons by their full name (and title, when appropriate).
Use objective instead of subjective language – leave out your bias.
Provide factual information, not assumptions.
Proof read your report for accuracy before submitting.
- Significant change in appearance, mood and/or social functioning
- Behavior that creates a disruptive or hostile enviornment
- Actions that potentially endanger the safety of any member of the OU community
- Behavior that impacts one's ability to function appropriately and successfully on campus
- A sense that someone is struggling or that something is wrong
These behaviors, especially when more than one are present, may be signs that a student, faculty member or staff member is in distress.