Skip Navigation

Need Help?

student affairs website header wordmarkThe University of Oklahoma homepageOU Student Affairs homepage
Skip Side Navigation

Student Affairs is here to help.

  • If you or someone you know is in a life-threatening situation, or is incapable of caring for themselves, CALL 911.
  • Distressed?…thoughts of hurting yourself or other people? Unable to stop crying? Haven’t eaten and/or slept in a few days (not due to illness)?
  • Victim of sexual assault? Discrimination, bias or harassment?...There are resources to report, help and support.

In light of incidents on other campuses and to further enhance responsiveness, the University of Oklahoma has established a 24-hour Reporting Hotline.  The hotline will serve as an added protection for OU students, handling reports of bias, discrimination, physical or mental harassment or misconduct by OU community members.  The 24-hour Reporting Hotline can be accessed by calling 844-428-6531 or going online to

Make a Report

Discrimination & Harassment

  • Reporting:
    Equal Opportunity Office
    (405) 325-3546 / Evans Hall 102
  • Support:
    University Community Office (Biased reporting coming soon)
    (405) 325-7314 / / Evans Hall 201
  • Hotline:
    Hazing & Alcohol 24/7 Reporting Hotline:
    (405) 325-5000
  • Counseling:
    UCC Alcohol & Drug Counseling Services:
    (405) 325-2911 / Goddard Health Center 2nd Floor
  • Free Transportation:
    More Info.  / Oklahoma Memorial Union 181

(405) 325-7700 / /

Is someone you know experiencing...

  • a decline in work or academic performance;
  • demonstrating disruptive or disturbing behavior;
  • showing dramatic changes in appearance, behavior or weight; 
  • having problems at home, with classes or work;
  • abusing alcohol or drugs;
  • making disturbing comments in coversation, posts, tweets, papers or emails;
  • struggling with health problems;
  • frequently angry or easily frustrated;
  • isolating themselves socially
  • sad, anxious or experiencing dramatic mood shifts?

Be aware. Show you care. Contact BIT. Your confidential call / email can make a difference.

Make a BIT Report

  • On-Campus:
    University Counseling Center (UCC)
    (405) 325-2911 / Goddard Health Center 2nd Floor / Walk-Ins 8 a.m.-5 p.m. M-F
  • Off-Campus:
    National 24/7 Hopeline Network
    1-800-SUICIDE (784-2433)
    1-800-442-HOPE (4673)
    National Suicide Prevention Lifeline
    1-800-273-TALK (8255)
Homesickness, financial concerns, improving GPA or study skills, picking a major...

Join In the Love your Life (JILL) Campaign


The JILL Campaign was created to help students, parents, staff and faculty recognize the signs of depression and learn healthy ways to cope with the stresses of college life.

Are you feeling distressed, or know someone that is?
Contact BIT: (405) 325-7700 /

Schedule Counseling: (405) 325-2700

Read Jill's Story

SafeRide - Free Transportation for Students

SafeRide was created in 2004 during the implementation of the Student Alcohol Policy to discourage drinking and driving. The program provides safe and free transportation to OU students within the Norman city limits (as outlined below), no questions asked. Each student receives two free, on-demand taxi SafeRides each weekend of operation (see schedule below).

SafeRide operates every weekend from 10:00 p.m. to 3:00 a.m. Thursday, Friday & Saturday.

Learn More


Housing and Food Services provides a complimentary service to accompany you anywhere on campus and the Greek community from 8 p.m. to 2 a.m., seven days a week. This service is staffed by trained resident advisors who are readily available to assist students. The SafeWalk office is located in the Cate Main Building. To reach SafeWalk, call 405-325-WALK (9255). You also can call from the blue emergency phones. When using a blue phone, simply ask the OUPD dispatcher to connect you with SafeWalk.

SafeWalk staff arrives within ten to fifteen minutes at any OU campus location and escort persons on foot to their campus destination. Shirts and badges identify SafeWalk staff. SafeWalk staff carry flashlights at all times and umbrellas in wet weather.

  • (405) 325-WALK (9255)
  • 8:00 p.m. to 2:00 a.m.
  • Reporting Misconduct:
    OU Police Department (OUPD)
    911 or (405) 325-1911
    Sexual Misconduct Office
    (405) 325-2215 / / Four Partners Place 1000
  • Support Services:
    OU Advocates
    (405) 615-0013

Report a Student Death

Unfortunately we must face, all too often, the death of one of our OU students. Student Affairs coordinates university business, department notification(s) and communication with the family (when needed) when such a tragedy occurs. Student Affairs’ involvement will of course, not preclude the involvement of the college or department with the student’s family and/or services. It will be important for anyone who has had a connection to the student to offer their condolences and assistance.

Report Online

If you would like to report by phone, call the office at (405) 325-3161. Kristen Partridge, Associate Vice President and Associate Dean of Students, will be able to assist you.