The 2017-2018 scholarship applications will be available starting October 1st!
2017-2018 recipients will be notified over summer 2017.
The Centralized Academic Scholarship Hub (CASH) will open October 1, 2016 and close February 1, 2017. The new application system allows current students to apply for all OU scholarships in one central location with one deadline. Please note: CASH is for continuing students only.
Due to the generous support of alumni, friends and industry, there are significant scholarships available to Mewbourne College of Earth and Energy students. MCEE College Scholarships are available for First Generation (first person in your immediate family to graduate from college) or non-traditional students (e.g., adult returning to college, single parent).
MCEE SCHOLARSHIP ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA
- Scholarship applicants must be CURRENTLY admitted to the Mewbourne College of Earth and Energy.
- Applicants must be Non-Traditional or First Generation
- Applicants must be enrolled in at least 12 hours of OU coursework and have a minimum 2.75 cumulative GPA.
Selection Criteria for MCEE scholarships are usually specified by the donor and may include, but are not limited to:
- A minimum grade point average of a 2.75.
- A specific field of study within the Mewbourne College of Earth and Energy.
- Statement of campus involvement and leadership ability, internships, career ambition, future goals, honors and other achievements.
- Essay Questions are a part of the selection process and should be well thought out and detailed.
- Candidates for need-based MCEE scholarships will have financial need verified by the Office of Financial Aid before the MCEE Scholarship Committee finalizes its selection.