Welcome to Your Senior Year of High School!
We're excited you've chosen to learn more about OU and our freshman admissions process. At the University of Oklahoma, we seek smart, motivated and service-oriented students who will enhance our academic community and, ultimately, make meaningful contributions to national and global communities. To learn more about applying to OU, scroll below, and be sure to submit your application by December 15, 2017.
Incoming freshman can apply one of two ways to the University of Oklahoma, either through the OU Application or the Common Application. All applications are thoroughly read by an admissions counselor and are evaluated holistically regardless of application type.
Please choose only one application and continue using that application throughout the entire process.
2. Make sure we have your supporting documents:
- Official high school transcript that reflects at least six semesters of work completed and includes your GPA computed on an unweighted 4.0 scale and your class rank
- Official test scores to us through ACT and/or The College Board. Your test scores may also be included on your official high school transcript
- Letter of recommendation
- Official copies of any AP or CLEP test scores
4. Once the Office of Admissions & Recruitment has received your application and supporting documents, we will evaluate and verify your academic credentials. You should receive a notification of your admission decision through regular mail within 4 to 6 weeks.
GPA, ACT/SAT score, course rigor and class rank.
Writing and self-expression measured through the essay.
ENGAGEMENT: Community involvement, leadership, extra-curricular activities, work experience and exceptional talents.
LETTER OF RECOMMENDATION: A letter of recommendation from a high school official.
The University of Oklahoma, with the approval of the Oklahoma State Regents for Higher Education, may alter admission requirements at any time, when it is in the best interest of the University and our students to do so.